Saturday, December 31, 2005

On Holidays

Tonight is New Year's Eve, and it's a lousy time to be single. Usually, I'm not the type to care too much about being alone; I have a lot of good friends and I'm pretty independent anyway. But sometimes...

Holidays (especially those that don't require the nightmare of home and family) are particularly difficult for me, as for many I'm sure. I'm in San Francisco at the moment, and delighted to be surrounded by several old friends, but it doesn't really make up for a general desire for physical affection and a kiss when the clock strikes midnight. Especially since I'm in the middle of a cross-state booty call for two friends who are wonderfully cuddly this weekend, which is good except for the fact that I have to watch it and don't get any cuddling of my own.

Being in San Francisco, I can't help thinking that I should be able to find a nice lesbian (or whatever) somewhere to provide friendship or flirtation for the weekend, but once again the fact that I don't have any queer female friends to accompany me on such a quest makes the whole process much more difficult. Not that it's that possible in LA either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home